Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Eximius Obscurra

Here is a super obscure British band that I don't think ever made much other than an EP (which is excellent).

I had a thought to put here.

Something profound and deeply pertinent.

I started watching Mulholland Drive. Deeply troubling. The bit with the gremlin-guy jumping out from behind that restaurant--I jumped.

David Foster Wallace, in his interview with Charlie Rose, said something to the effect that the first time he saw a David Lynch film, it changed his whole perspective on creating. It broke all the rules he'd established for himself.

Needless to say, he was inspired to create excellent, experimental fiction.

I feel kind of like Wallace inspired me in the same way. When I finished Infinite Jest I was floored and in shock. I couldn't imagine a human mind being able to really go where he went.

But so I have to get back to this Lynch film.

No comments:

Post a Comment