Sunday, November 27, 2011

Debussy

Ahh, the beauty of a liberal arts education!

I was studying for my humanities final last weekend. We're required to memorize several pieces of music and a few keys facts about them. I came across Clair de lune and was stopped dead in my tracks.

Being a fan of classical to begin with, I was familiar with the title but I couldn't place any music with it.

The version was the orchestral arrangement. I'd only ever really heard it on piano. I was smitten. This is what love sounds like...

As well as pretty much every love theme from every movie ever made.

I don't know which arrangement I prefer--the piano or the orchestral. They both have their merits.

But those big, fat romantic chords w/ a full string & woodwind section backing--oh my.

No comments:

Post a Comment