Friday, December 2, 2011

Fiction friction *or* "hello free-time, what's up man? We haven't hung out in a while."

So as this semester winds to a gentle pulsing close, I'm left with an odd feeling. While I was packing this evening, this song from Deltron came on Pandora




I remembered hearing this song at the beginning of the semester, what seems like a decade of small occurrences ago and being floored. I was in a foreign place, surrounded by complete strangers and this song somehow stood out in all the chaos as being just the right sound for where I was mentally.

When I left for school, I left with the assumption that I would continue with the NOVEL once I was on break. I decided that I wasn't going to work on it during the semester because I needed a break from it.



Looking back, it hit me that I stopped because I have writer's incontinence. There were plenty of times over the semester when I had nothing better to do than write, but I usually ended up doing something else. Now that I have all this new found free time, I have no choice but to get back into the trenches.

I can't escape it. It is...my destiny. 



No comments:

Post a Comment