Saturday, February 11, 2012

Analysis

Sitting here, thinking about it (instead of finishing up my workshop story), I think the previous post illustrates an example of my greatest insecurity as a writer: purpose.

It's really hard to justify majoring in creative writing to myself sometimes, particularly with a workshop coming up and nothing new (good) to show for it. 

I could be studying history and political science like a good little pre-law student. That would certainly be the more promisingly lucrative option. But there is something refreshing about English and writing. 

It seems like a hipster thing to say but I feel like I'm not selling out by sticking to my creative passion instead of my intellectual passion. 

But I guess that's not really a bad thing. 
On a not necessarily unrelated not, I fucking love this song

No comments:

Post a Comment