Saturday, September 17, 2011

Exegesis

Dropped Dad off at the Enterprise in North NSB this afternoon and was overcome by feelings of fetid nostalgia.

For a brief period, I sold my services to the Enterprise Holdings Corporation in exchange for my "excellent interpersonal customer service skills" and my "ability to operate a motor vehicle according to the standards of traffic law" and my "ability to follow written directions."

For the most part though, I was asked to clean the thin veneer of grease from all the flat surfaces within the vehicles; to scrape and scrub the mutilated bug carcasses from the grills and nooks and folds of the front of the vehicles; to remove all garbage and clean all glass, inside and out; to vacuum and spray down upholstery, carpets; to remove stains and undesirable smells. To undo the intentional, often inhuman damage caused by the multitude of human bodies who, for a brief period, exercised complete control over something that was not their own.

But so Dad left for Maryland in a Hyundai Sonata and Mom and I went shopping for some essentials for my dorm experience.

I return home tomorrow to two weeks of solid work and I'm fairly certain this cold has returned and settled in my lungs this time. Joyous life!

No comments:

Post a Comment