Friday, September 16, 2011

Home

This is my first attempt at this. I can promise no great effort, given that I've spent the vast majority of the day strapped within the confines of a small metal box, traveling at 80+mph across one of the state's many concrete scars. Alas, it is the second weekend and time to return to the bosom of my youth, sweet Atlantic breeze and gentle, swirling evening. Also, it was time to do my laundry.

As an afterthought, it occured to me whilst controlling my hurtling box this afternoon, that the posted speed limits are in fact misleading--it would seem that anyone fool enough to try and drive 65 through Altamonte Springs would be quickly run into the median and killed. Maybe they should change it to 65 minimum speed. I tried obeying the speed limit but soon found I was impeding the flow of traffic for a substantial portion of the view behind me.


And another thing, concerning that view--there were a few times I crested off ramps and looked into the distance to see rain. Only, when I got there--it was nothing but smog.

When I arrived home at last, I felt ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment